Thursday, November 29, 2007

New KITT from new Knight Rider?


I first mentioned the possibility of a new Knight Rider TV show HERE. Well Jalopnik has what there saying this the new KITT. For those of us (like myself) that can't instantly recognize the car it's a 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang. Jalopnik is a Concept/Cool car blog, I've never heard of Jalopnik before today, but I'm not much of a car guy. I do tend to believe them however, basically because they are part of the Gawker/Gizomodo/Consumerist family, which I have find to be all together pretty reliable.
Oh and there is a disclosure that the illumination of the light on the grill is photoshoped. But it actual lamp seems to be built it as shown. I wonder if they will use the the original theme song, or if they will use one of the man times the theme has been sample, like the Busta Rhymes, Panjabi MC, or Timbaland and Magoo songs.(please, please PLEASE not the Timberlad and Magoo song. Please!)


Check out the rest of the photos Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this and I was hoping it wasn't just rumors. I loved that show when I was a kid. The new Mustang is vicious, would be a great fit for the show

Kevyn Hagemann said...

I agree with Matt M on his take about the Ford Mustang being a perfect fit for the new Knight Rider series. I have a question, though. If the KITT wasn't a Ford Mustang, what car would you want it to be? Would you want it to be a Trans-Am again, or do you want it to be another super car like a Dodge Viper or a Ferrari GT?