Thursday, February 14, 2008

HBO.com has an interesting interview with Michelle Paress, who plays Alma Gutierrez on The Wire. She tells of her very humble acting roots, apparently she auditioned for the role of Carcetti's secretary but David Simon had other ideas. It also seems like I'm not as up on my Wire trivia as I thought I was, I didn't know she was married to Larry Gilliard Jr, who played one of my favorite roles in the wire, D'Angelo Barksdale. Check out the interview HERE

If you are at all like me, and just can't talk about the Wire enough, HBO.com wants you to tell them your predictions for the end of the series. Let them know what you think HERE.

Well whatever they decide to do, I'd like to see the stories continue in comic book form, similarly to Buffy the Vampire slayer, or Star Trek. I know The Wire isn't science fiction, but Simon has created his own "universe" with it's own set of rules and physics, it's a world where Carcetti and O'Malley can both exist (Carcetti mentioned him in a dedication to new development on the waterfront, that isn't a grain peir. (I loved that scene) Also in Simon's Baltimore Murphy Homes stood for five years longer than they lasted in this reality. Ok maybe it's too fanboy, but I can dream can't I?

No comments: