Wednesday, January 9, 2008

American Gladiators: Good Show, Bad Sports?

I don't know how many of you tuned in to American Gladiators on Sunday or Monday, but over all I give the show a big thumbs up!

In the spirit of objectivity I must admit to loving the show as a kid, and the new version lives up to all the excitement of the original. The added bonus of the fall into water instead of matts for a defeted contestand or Gladiator amps up the fun factor and percived shame of the plunge.
The new events are fun too, but I'm glad to see most of my favorites return, the more Joust and Assult, the better!

The one big complaint I have is with the Gladiators themselves, actually just the male Gladiators.
First, these new gladitors seem real corny, I am a lot older now so mabie the Gladiators were always corny, but a howling Wolfe is just taking things too far. But my real complaint is the male Gladiator seem to be really bad sports taking way to many cheap shots. The women seem to be much better behaved . I under stand and appriciate smake talk but cheating, or being a sore looser (pushing the contestant when he beat you at Joust, whats that!?) just seems to make them look like punks.

But what do I know? Check out the embeded episodes below or go sign up at Hulu.com




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna watch this program in Japan:)

Palaba said...

Isn't there many challenge shows like this in Japan?