Sunday, January 27, 2008

Great movies for a lazy Sunday.

I think the title tells you about my day, yes I'm having a lazy Sunday and loving it! One of my favorite things to do is lounge on the couch and watch some movies! Now not any movie will do for a lazy Sunday, so I thought I'd recommend some;



First up we have Death to Smoochy. If you're a fan of dark comedies and you haven't seen this movie do your self a favor and pick it up. "Smoochy" has a great cast including Robin Williams, Edward Norton, Catherine Keener, Danny Woodburn, Jon Stewart and Danny DeVito, who also directs. Rainbow Randolph (Williams) is the star of a Kids TV show who is found taking bribes. The executives boot him and opt to find the most innocent figure they can find, Smoochy (Norton). Watch as Smoochy deals with crazy ex-entertainers, the Irish mafia, crooked TV execs, Nazis and trained killers.



Next we have The Royal Tenenbaums. I love Wes Anderson movies, all of them, but The Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite. Featuring the enormously talented cast of Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Luke and Owen Wilson, Danny Glover and Bill Murray. I tell you all about the movie but trust me you need to see it for yourself. Again dark, dry humor.



Which brings us to our final movie for today, The Beatles Help! This is the movie I was watching today, what can I tell you but it's a goofy comedy staring the Fab Four and it was released in 1965. I can tell you they just re-released the movie on DVD and it looks so much better than this clip.



Now go enjoy your movies and I'll be back next Sunday to give you some more great Sunday Movies.

No comments: