Sunday, October 14, 2007

A new Captian America!

Before I get started I feel the need to tell you that I have not always been the biggest Capitan America fan. As a kid I thought he was kinda corny. Not until the Ultimate redo of the Avengers into The Ultimates in Marvel's Ultimate Universe did he start to Ultimately grow on me. (?) I liked the view as a super soldier again I thought Cap was too one dimensional Follow the flag right or wrong, which I suppose is what a "good soldier" does. I always like to see him in battle though, flinging that shield and disshin' out some grade A but kicking. So I really start getting into Cap and the whole "Civil War" thing starts over in the Marvel U, and what comes next? The go and kill Capitan America or Steve Rodgers that is. I think he's been "dead" before, there have been other people filling his shoes (Really though, why is U.SA.gent still wearing that I wanna be cap outfit and calling himself U.S.Agent while running around saving Canada? I know If I was told that my country needed Capitan Maple Leaf or Mr. Mexico to defend it, I'd been insulted.) So the Capitan America book has been really good since Steve-o kicked the bucket, and now as we all knew they would they've found a replacement. I don't know who's behind the mask and Marvel isn't telling. But by the look of the pic's they put up Cap is again Caucasian, ruling out Sam Wilson aka the Falcon, who I was rooting for. I wonder what it does to those Will Smith as Cap in the next movie roomers? Oh and I guess some people are upset over the gun. Well the rest of the world thinks Americans are a little to gun crazy, so I guess it fits. According to the article over at Marvel Alex Ross git the inspiration form the 1940's movie serial. I must say I'm not sure about the shiny outfit but time will tell. What do you think of the new duds? Let us know in the comments...









Oh and as Always You can find a comic store in the US Here
and in the UK Here

No comments: